Drum Lessons by Alain Rieder
A tradition of excellence, for 40 years!
- For students of all ages and levels.
- I'm a graduate of the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles.
- I am the author of a fine drum book available worldwide.
- Courses are given in English or French.
Whatever your needs and ambition, I help you to develop your musicality in an optimal and progressive way,
Experience the pleasure of learning in a friendly way with a qualified musician.
- Lessons are individual and weekly.
- You receive 100% of my attention, and the regularity allows you to progress optimally.
- It is possible to have double lessons as well as more than one lesson per week.
5-day intensive courses
- One individual lesson per day for five days.
- For an improvement or an initiation.
- To prepare a recording, a concert, an exam or just for fun.
- Lessons are single (50 min.) or double.
The courses take place in Geneva, Switzerland, in the Servette area, in a well-equipped basement room, a couple of steps away from a tram stop, and two stops from the Cornavin train station.
In the room there are two professional quality drumsets, and a comfortable headphone system.
Lessons may include help or advice in the field of musical computer skills applied to music and practicing.
- Courses can also be held by videoconference, in English or French, wherever you are in the world.
- I have an electronic drumset, a pad, and two cameras. I use ZOOM preferably, but other solutions are possible, Skype or others.
- On the student's side a drum set is suitable, acoustic or electronic, but a simple pad is enough to do serious work. Then you need a computer, a tablet or a smartphone.
- In any case, it is mainly the student who works, I listen and advise!
Study topics and styles
- Jazz : jazz time & coordination, standard tunes and structures, jazz classics, ensemble interpretation & big-band.
- Blues : Songs and blues forms, authentic shuffle and slow blues playing, etc.
- Soul, R&B, funk : R&B classics, Motown, James Brown classic grooves, etc.
- Pop, rock, fusion : Tunes, songs & structures, odd meters, etc.
- World : Afro cuban, brasilian, reggae & african styles.
- Technique : Musical application of rudiments and melodic phrasing, soloing over ostinatos.
Contact me for more information
You will receive full information about prices and course possibilities.
Time Manipulation is a valued method book that is available worldwide, in print and ebook versions, in English and French. It is one of the most complete and comprehensive methods to develop your coordination in a groove context.
Time Initiation is available to my own students, for the moment. It is perfect for beginners or for drummers who already have a good level and want to review the basics in a healthy way.
In addition to my own methods, I am likely to use the best works of other authors, including the classic drum books, and I can prepare you for the exams of any school or university, Swiss or foreign.
I have other innovative books in preparation and my students are the first to have access to them.